Cardamom Sugar Cookie Recipe
Have you ever tried cardamom in a cookie before? This may be the best cookie EVER!! Spicy and sweet and everything Christmas! Try this Cardamom Sugar Cookie recipe for yourself as a yummy dessert this holiday season. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Can Cardamom Be Used in Baking?
Cardamom spice is a warm spice that is used in many middle eastern and Indian cuisine's. It is also used in many baking recipes like sweet breads, buns and more. Some even use it as an alternative to cinnamon in baking and as an added flavour to your coffee.
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- vanilla 1 tsp
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Join the B Vintage Style Community
- Mix together the butter, sugar egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth
- Add your dry ingredients and mix
- Let the dough chill for 2 hours
- After chilling, set oven to 350F
- Roll out your dough on a floured surface. dough should be roughly 1/2 inch thick.
- Optional - Roll an embossed rolling pin over your dough for textured tops
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes, place on parchment paper.
- Bake for 5- 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
What makes these Cardamom Sugar Cookies the best ever is the icing!
- Beat 2 egg whites till soft peaks
- Add approximately 2 - 4 cups icing sugar (looking for a consistency that you like)
- add 1/2 tbsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp cardamom, 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Have I convinced you to love Cardamom yet???