How to Make Dried Orange Slices in the Oven
Oranges are a staple during the holidays. Who doesn't love those little boxes of seedless Christmas oranges and how the smell of them just gives you all the Christmas feels. What makes more sense then to make them into decor for the season too! But how do you make dried orange slices in the oven? These DIY dried oranges make the cutest homemade ornaments or garland and they give off that classic Christmas scent. Keep scrolling to find the full tutorial and everything you need to get crafting!
Tools and Supplies for DIY Dried Orange Slices
- Large Navel Oranges or Grapefruits
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie drying rack
- Decorative string or fishing wire
Join the B Vintage Style Society
And receive insider deals like special discount codes and first dibs on all new items and restocks!
Step by Step Tutorial to Make Dried Oranges
- Preheat the oven to 175° F.
- Wash and dry the oranges, then slice crosswise ⅛-inch thick.
- Set slices in a single layer on baking sheets topped with wire racks. Feel free to add parchment paper underneath to save on any dish washing.
- Cook for 4-6 hours, until dry to the touch, rotating every few hours for even cooking. Keep an eye on them!!!! You will know if they are done and you don’t want them to burn!
- Cool completely before storing or using.
How quick and easy was that?! Now we want to hear from you! Let us know if you make these cute little DIY dried oranges in the oven and tell us how you display them for the holidays! Do you use them as gift tags? Maybe make a garland for your tree? I even added a few to my outdoor wreath! Where ever you use them, I want to hear about it! Let me know how you use them in the comments below!